Student Assistance Program (SAP) Counselors provide support for students and families struggling with emotional-social and/or behavioral issues.
Counseling Group Support-Tier 2 Intervention
Counseling group supports are provided by the SAP and site counselors. Interventions can include small group counseling for issues related to anger, behaviors, social-emotional issues, and/or grief. Facilitation for open group supports are recommended for student intervention and provided throughout the school year.
Individual and Family Counseling -Tier 3 Intensive Intervention
SAP MFT/LPCC Associates/Trainees provide intensive intervention to provide individual and/or family counseling for students. SAP counselors provide therapeutic interventions to support students and their families. They work with school staff and guardians to develop positive behavior support plans in which set behavior goals and provides accommodations to support positive behaviors.
Student Assistance Program Key Activities
- TK-12 Counseling support for students and families
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs Prevention, Intervention & Cessation
- Student Insight; Educational Intervention Groups
- Suicide Prevention & Awareness
- Group Counseling Support-Tier 2 Intervention
- Individual and Family Counseling-Tier 3 Intensive Intervention